Reading Challenges

January 9, 2011

Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge


Yet another reading challenge in 2011 that fits in nicely with my TBR (to be read) collection of books! The Vintage Mystery Challenge is hosted by My Reader's Block. Do you have a favorite mystery published prior to 1960? From Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to the hardboiled detective fiction of the 1930s, there are countless vintage mystery titles that I look forward to reading.  Ever since my grandfather introduced me to the likes of Sherlock Holmes and Charlie Chan as a child, I've never stopped loving a cozy vintage detective novel.  I'll be going for the challenge level: Hot on the Trail (10-12 books), and as usual, will post my reviews here.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully this won't be a double-post (my comments suddenly disappeared!). Welcome to the Vintage Challenge! Glad to have you aboard. Don't forget to let me know your challenge level (before you finish it) so you will be eligible for a prize. Also, I now have a Progress/Review post up where you can update me on how you're doing (http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/vintage-mystery-progress-and-review.html).

    One last note for your followers: Books must be pre-1960 to be eligible.

    Hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops thanks Bev for the correction (re: pre-1960), I'll correct that! :) and thanks for the welcome as well! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...